Wheelchair Repair Allowance
The beneficiaries of this allowance are Cypriot or European citizens who have been living in Cyprus for at least 12 consecutive months and who suffer from a severe motor disability according to the provisions of the wheelchair purchase allowance.
How Much Is the Amount Granted for Wheelchair Repairs?
The amount granted for wheelchair repairs can be provided partially or in whole, as follows:
- up to €200 can be granted for the repairs of a simple/ordinary wheelchair two years after the date of purchase and up to three years;
- up to €500 can be provided for lightweight, very lightweight and orthostatic wheelchairs repairs after the completion of the second year from the date of purchase and for up to four years;
- up to €3000 can be provided for electric wheelchair repairs after the completion of the second year from the date of purchase and for up to five years.
How to Apply for Wheelchair Repairs Allowance?
In order to receive financial assistance for wheelchair repair the applicant must submit to the Department for Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities an application form for wheelchair repairs together with the following documents:
- a copy of the applicant’s identity card in case of Cypriot citizens;
- a certified copy of the Residence Permit/ Registration Certificate/ Immigration Permit/ Yellow Slip from the Civil Registry and Migration Department, in case of European citizens;
- the original invoice from the company that repaired the wheelchair accompanied by a full description of the reparation (including the cost of any spare parts and labour cost);
- an invoice or receipt or other payment evidence that states the date of purchase if the wheelchair was not purchased under any financial assistance from the Department for Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (or the Service of the Care and Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities before 2009).