Old People’s Social Card
The social card is given to persons over 63 years old who have their permanent residence in Cyprus in order to help them join the cultural life and other social events. It is provided to all old persons who meet the criteria mentioned above regardless of their entitlement to retirement, disability pensions or other disability benefits.
The social card offers the following benefits:
- free public transportation by bus.
- up to 50% discount on any theatre play produced by the Cyprus Theatre Organisation (TRS) for the card holder and her / his dependants. For more information regarding the substitutions for each theatre contact TRS at tel. 22 492 900.
- up to 50% discount on the entrance fee to the Annual International Exhibitions Cyprus. For more information on the annual fares and exhibitions contact the State Fair at tel. 22 352 918.
- discounts for various travel agents and cruises such as:
- Louis Cruise offers 15% discount for trips during March, April, November and 10% discount for October, May and the first half of June. Discounts do not apply in the case of passenger ships (ships line) for the fortnight before Easter.
- Salamis Lines offers 10% discount for 2-day and 3-day cruises and 5% for 4-day, 5-day and 7-day cruises on c/s Salamis Filoxenia for the months of May, September, October and the first half of June .
- discounts for entering football home matches of the national men teams. The discount that applies for football matches is the same as for the student tickets. For more information call the Cyprus Football Association at tel. 22 352 341.
- free entrance in the AGO (Sports for All) as well as for basketball, volleyball and handball matches. For more information contact the Cyprus Sport Organisation (KOA) at tel. 22 897 000.
- 20% discount on laboratory analysis of the following medical microbiologists:
- Nicosia: Athanasiadou Paula (8 Stasandrou Str., Apt 102, Postal Code 1060, tel. 22 751 411, fax 22 767 742), Markidou Ch Andri (10 Psaron Str., Postal Code 2408 tel. 22 502 186, fax 22 761 234).
- Limassol: Stylianou Glory (22 Thessaloniki Str., Apt 2, Postal Code 3025, tel. 25 371 844, fax 25 371 186), Philip Dana (23 Agia Zoni Str., Postal Code 3027, Flat 23, tel. 25 363 805, fax 25 379 154), Pieri Herse(21 Nafplio, Postal Code 3025, tel 25 884 636, fax 25 353 890).
- Larnaca: Alexis Kyprianou (68 Spyros Papanicolaou Str., Apt 504, Postal Code 6052, tel. 24 662 105, fax 24 662 109), Kalogirou Nikolaos (19 K. Kalogera Str., Apt 8, Postal Code 6500, tel. 24 658 080, fax 24 659 956), Chimonidis Pantelis (12 Victor Hugo Str., Apt 203, Postal Code 6023, tel. 24 651 334, fax 24 621 173).
- Paphos: Michailidou Olga (68 Agapinor Str., Postal Code 8049, tel. 26 953 000, fax 26 952 092), Sotiriadou Polixeni (29 El.Venizelou Str., Postal Code 8021, tel. 26 936 834, fax 26 941 886).
- Paralimni: Karapasii Maria (7 Savior Str. Postal Code 5286, tel. 23 826 768, fax: 23 740 797).
- discounts on various hotels and apartments members of the Cyprus Hotel Association. To get the updated list of this hotels and annual discounts contact the Cyprus Hotel Association at tel. 22 374 251.
To secure these benefits it is mandatory to present the social card or the beneficiary certificate.
The discounts are given on the regular prices and not on any special offers or on the port taxes.
The discounts do not apply in case of any special prices or special cruises carried out in collaboration with other organizations or charter cruises. Reservations will be made provided that there are available seats/ cabins. When making a booking the beneficiary should notify from the beginning that she / he is a social card holder. The reservations made through travel agencies should include a copy of the social card together with the form (voucher) of the specific travel agency.
To apply for a social card the claimants should address to the nearest Social Insurance Services Office.