Cyprus Sports Organisation (KOA)
The Cyprus Sport Organisation is a semi-governmental organisation enacted by the 1969 – 1996 laws upon the Cyprus Sport Organisation acting as the Supreme Authority in the Republic of Cyprus.
The main objectives of the organisation are:
- Development of sport activities;
- Co-ordination of the sport culture in Cyprus;
- Promotion of the Olympic concept;
- Support of Cyprus athletes on the international sport scene.
The Organisation is being managed by a nine-members Board of Administration with a President, a Vice-president and seven Members. The Operational Manager of the Organisation is its General Director.
The activities of the Organization are divided as follows:
- Sport sector;
- Sport grounds sector;
- Financial management branch;
- Human Resources branch.